Storm Water Retrofit Plan
MS4 permit criteria
General MS3 Permit
List of 5 criteria for ranking a site’s retrofit priority:
1. Proximity to waterbody
2. Current assessment of waterbody with the goal to improve impaired waterbodies and protect unimpaired waterbodies and protect unimpaired waterbodies;
3. Hydrologic condition of the receiving waterbody;
4. Proximity to sensitive ecosystem or protected areas; and
5. Any sites that could be further enhances retrofitting storm water controls.
- GIS Data
- Preliminary Analysis
- Site Visits
- Site Ranking
- City Review
- Plan and Map
Existing Storm Drain Criteria
o Initial storm drain infrastructure encounteres.
o Ability to filet pollutants.
o Infrastructure that moves runoff from catchment to destination.
o Ability to filter and reduce stormwater
o Location where stormwater is first contained or outfalls.
o Ability to filter pollutants and infiltrate, evapotranspire, or harvest and use stormwater.
- Site Size
o Leading cause of increased runoff.
o Leading of increased runoff
Potential Pollutant Production Criteria
- Onsite storage
o Categorized by materials stores and how they were stored.
o Possibility of multiple categories stored.
- Site uses
o All sites had multiple uses.
o Each use received a relative score.
o All site use scores were summed for each site.
State of Utah Updates
- OSG funding becoming available this year (start thinking of retrofit projects in your area)
- Applications will be fall this year.
- New intern: Maggie Christensen
USWAC Subcommittees Updates
APWA News and Updates: Fall conference is coming up, we’re still waiting for a couple more presentations. Go online and submit your presentation.
Next meeting will be August 9th